I am very excited to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by none other than the fabulous Jen of Slightly Hippie Housewife of Suburbia.
So Jen from Slightly Hippie Housewife of Suburbia has created a list of 11 newbie bloggers and a list of 11 questions for us to answer. Here’s the rest of the rules for this extra special award:
- Thank and link back to the blogger that nominated you
- Answer their 11 questions in your post
- Pick 11 blogs with less than 200 followers on Bloglovin’ to nominate
- Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer
- Tag your nominees and comment on one of their posts to let them know!
So here’s my answer’s to Jen‘s questions:
1. What is your favourite book and why? My favorite book is Plan B by Anne Lamott. Its full of wisdom, humor and color. Anne’s writing is so real and honest. One of my favorite quotes from this book is “I’m here to be me, which is taking a great deal longer than I had hoped.”
2. What was the last movie you saw in a theatre? I live in Ecuador now, so we don’t see many movies in theatres. The very few theaters around show the movies in Spanish. My daughter can understand these, but my Spanish isn’t quite up to movies yet. We did see Star Trek in English in Quito about a year ago when it just came out. It sent me back to my childhood when I would sneak out to watch Star Trek from behind the couch after my parents had sent me to bed.
3. What was the best meal you ever had? One year, my husband, who is a pretty good cook, made me a Valentine’s Day dinner with Beef Bourguinon and chocolate covered strawberries. So delicious and made with so much love.
4. What is the one thing you like most about yourself? I am adventurous and willing to try new things. I have a huge vision for helping people to move out of poverty here in Ecuador – and its going to take trying a lot of new things to make make that vision a reality.
5. Who is the one celebrity you would most like to meet? I would like to meet Angelia Jolie and learn more about her passion and work with refugees and other humanitarian causes.
6. What is the one thing you know now that you wish you had known when you were 20? Don’t be afraid, it won’t get you anywhere and worry won’t keep you safe. Trust in God and live.
7. What’s your Zodiac sign and do you share its traits? I don’t think anyone has asked me about my zodiac sign for 20 years! I had forgotten what it was and what were the traits. Turns out I am an Aries – and I totally share its traits: I am independent, generous, optimistic, enthusiastic and courageous. On the flipside I am impatient, self-involved but not particularly moody, short-tempered or impulsive.
8. Are you a stay up late or get up early person? I love to stay up late and get up late, but I hate to have my day get away from me, so I am disciplining myself to get up early and get to bed earlier.
9. If you could take a trip anywhere, where would you go? I am longing to go to Macchu Pichu in Peru, and I am planning a trip to Barcelona in the summer. I think though, that my soul belongs in Italy, I love everything about Italy (except the high cost of living!)
10. If you could travel back in time, would you? And if yes, when would you go? I am a big history buff, but as I think through this question, I realize that I wouldn’t travel back in time. Never has there been another time in history where people (especially women) were so free to follow their calling and live their visions. I want to go to the future, I guess I am getting there one day at a time.
11. What is your absolutely favourite thing to do on the weekend? Weekends are special for me, I sleep in a little, I go to my fabulous church and connect more with my friends. Often I take mini trips around Ecuador. Last weekend I took a short train ride through the mountains to a little town called Salinas. The views were spectacular, especially the high skinny train bridges over gorges.
Alright, enough about me! Please check out my nominees and go through their answers:
And now for my list of questions to the nominees -
- What is one change you have made to live a more eco friendly life?
- What is most important to you and why?
- What do you think is your life vision?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What has been the most unexpected thing you have done in your life?
- What is your underlying reason for starting your blog?
- What do you love/hate about writing?
- Who inspires you?
- Who is your favorite designer?
- What makes you laugh?
- What is your best memory from this last year?
Would love to hear from you!