2. Use less energy for more eco friendly homes
Long term you can think about a hybrid car or convert your house to solar power, but for right now:
– Buy energy efficient appliances when you have to replace your current ones. They may be more
expensive, but make up for the increased cost in lower energy bills.
– Unplug chargers when you’re not using them. Cell phone and other chargers use up powers even if there’s nothing attached to them.
– Put devices with remotes, like T.V.s, VCRs, and stereos, on a power strip and turn it off when you’re not using them. These devices use a lot of power to run the remote receiver even when the device is off.
– Walk or ride your bike for short trips.
When it comes to saving energy and water, think about how to get the kids involved. Make it a game. Have them track how much water and electricity everyone is using. Compete to see who uses the least water. You can often count on your kids to help keep you on track when given the task.